- 750 grams of Suntastic Medley Tomatoes
- 350 grams of spaghetti
- 12 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus a bit for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt plus a bit for sprinkling
- Pepper, to taste
- A bunch (about 25 grams / 1 oz) of basil or parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the medley tomatoes in a single layer on a baking pan. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle over a little salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for about 20 minutes or until shriveled and bursting.
- About 10 minutes before the tomatoes are finished roasting, bring a large pot of water to the boil. At the same time, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic to the pan and fry gently, stirring frequently. Boil the pasta until al dente then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. When the garlic is soft and transparent (don’t let it brown), add the reserved pasta water to the pan and raise the heat to medium-high so it begins to simmer. Add the pasta, roasted tomatoes and the juice they release, salt and pepper to the pan and toss to coat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle over the fresh basil and serve.
Recipe from: http://www.cilantroandcitronella.com/vegan-roasted-tomato-pasta-with-garlic-and-basil/