- 1 pound orzo (whole wheat, if possible)
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 8 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cup halved Suntastic grape tomatoes (quarter if they’re large)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the orzo according to package directions (including both the recommended oil and salt), drain well and rinse under cold water. Place in a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the shrimp in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 4-6 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Remove from oven, and add shrimp to the orzo.
- Add the lemon zest, green onions, dill, parsley, tomatoes, and feta to the orzo. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Drizzle over the orzo mixture, and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately warm, or let chill for at least an hour before serving cold.
Recipe from https://wholefully.com/lemon-orzo-shrimp-tomatoes/